Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RSExecutionLog_Update.dts fails for named SQL Instance

Hi:
I am running SRS on a named instance of SQL. When I attempt to run this DTS
package, it fails on the five update steps with the error message "Cannot
open database requested in login 'ReportServer'. Login fails."
How can I point it to the non-default instance of SQL.
Thanks in advance.
Bruce.Have you tried changing the server name in the RSExecutionLog_Update.ini
file? I have never used the package with a non-default instance of SQL
server, but I assume it should work when you make the appropriate edits in
the above ini file.
Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
"bwschiek@.hotmail.com" wrote:
> Hi:
> I am running SRS on a named instance of SQL. When I attempt to run this DTS
> package, it fails on the five update steps with the error message "Cannot
> open database requested in login 'ReportServer'. Login fails."
> How can I point it to the non-default instance of SQL.
> Thanks in advance.
> Bruce.|||Hi Charles:
It worked! I changed the server setting for both the source and destination
from (local) to ServerName\SQLInstanceName and the DTS package executed as
intented!
Thanks for the quick and accurate reply!
Bruce.
"Charles Kangai" wrote:
> Have you tried changing the server name in the RSExecutionLog_Update.ini
> file? I have never used the package with a non-default instance of SQL
> server, but I assume it should work when you make the appropriate edits in
> the above ini file.
> Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
> "bwschiek@.hotmail.com" wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am running SRS on a named instance of SQL. When I attempt to run this DTS
> > package, it fails on the five update steps with the error message "Cannot
> > open database requested in login 'ReportServer'. Login fails."
> >
> > How can I point it to the non-default instance of SQL.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment