Friday, March 30, 2012

rsInvalidReportServerDatabase-Error after installing SP2

Hello all,
I have a W2003 Server machine running Sql Server 2000 SP4 and Reporting
Services with *now* installed SP2 (before SP1). After installing the service
pack, I get the following error (sry, its german):
"Die Version der Berichtsserver-Datenbank liegt in einem Format vor, das
nicht gültig ist oder nicht gelesen werden kann. Die gefundene Version ist
'C.0.6.51'; die erwartete Version ist 'C.0.6.54'. Aktualisieren Sie die
Version der Berichtsserver-Datenbank, und überprüfen Sie die Zugriffsrechte,
um den Vorgang fortzusetzen. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase)"
Can you give me please some advice, what I can do, to get the current
version of the database? I made backups from the report databases, but did
not manage to extract the key for encoding.
Thank you in advance.
Sandra GeislerI found a solution (well, I hope so). I just opened the stored
procedure GetDBVersion in the ReportServer database and exchanged the
last digit of the version number. I then restarted the ReportServer
service and it worked!! I tried to execute a report and it was
produced. If I am noticing some side effects, I will post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment