Wednesday, March 28, 2012

rsDataExtensionNotFound for using XML

Hi all,

I am using SQL Server 2005 reporting service and I am attempting to create a report via xml returned from a web service. Everything works fine while I am in the report designer of visual studio 2005.

However, when I attempt to deploy the report to the report server, it will complain that the xml data extension is not registered with the report server, giving me a rsDataExtensionNotFound. A check on the report server config file does show the xml data extension with all the microsoft namespaces. I had thought that Reporting Services in SQL Server 2005 does natively support xml data source.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Does it matter that the SQL Server 2005 that I have is the workgroup edition ?

Thanks

HI,krayek:

As far as i know ,XML data sources are not supported in SQL Express:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365166.aspx

(See "Unsupported Features" section.

If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information.

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

|||

Thanks for the reply.

However, my SQL version is SQL Server 2005 workgroup edition.


So, I am wondering if this SQL Server 2005 workgroup edition also does not support XML data extension ?

Regards,

David K

|||

HI, David K

No, SQL Server 2005 workgroup edition did not support non relational data source.

Features/Reporting Services Enhancements

EE (32-bit) DE (32-bit) EE (64-bit) DE (64-bit)SE (32-bit) SE (64-bit)WG (32-bit)SSE (32-bit)SSEA (32-bit)Support for remote and nonrelational data sourcesYesYesNoNoNo

Please refer this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143761.aspx

|||

Hi Rex,

Thanks for that info. Darn, looks like I need to get the standard edition then.. =)

Thanks again for the help, appreciate it.

Regards,

David K

|||

You are welcome,David.

It's my pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment