Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RSCONFIG round 2

I am being required to change the user account on my MSRS instance.
We are going to use a domain level account and I have given it the
rights that are specified on the books online.
"The account specified is granted public and RSExecRole roles for the
reportserver database, and the RSExecRole role for the master, msdb and
ReportServerTempDB databases.
When I try to run RSCONFIG with the new login, I get a SECURITY ERROR.
When I run RSCONFIG with a -t switch, I get the following printout.
System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ConfigManagement.ConfigFileApp.ConnectToWmi()
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ConfigManagement.ConfigFileApp.InstanceMain()
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.BaseCmdLine.CommandLineMain(String[] args,
BaseCmdLine instance)
Any guesses on what security setting I am missing?The problem occured because I was running the RSCONFIG from a mapped drive.
I created a share in the folder where the RSCONFIG utility resides and then
I mapped a drive to that location. so when I ran the utility, it was running
from a location like z:\RSCONFG ...
That does not work. When I traversed the drive to the actual location of the
config and ran it from there, all worked as designed.
Moral is there are very few shortcuts that work. ;)
--
Leo Bonnes
"Lou" wrote:
> I am being required to change the user account on my MSRS instance.
> We are going to use a domain level account and I have given it the
> rights that are specified on the books online.
> "The account specified is granted public and RSExecRole roles for the
> reportserver database, and the RSExecRole role for the master, msdb and
> ReportServerTempDB databases.
> When I try to run RSCONFIG with the new login, I get a SECURITY ERROR.
> When I run RSCONFIG with a -t switch, I get the following printout.
> System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.at
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ConfigManagement.ConfigFileApp.ConnectToWmi()
> at
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ConfigManagement.ConfigFileApp.InstanceMain()
> at
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.BaseCmdLine.CommandLineMain(String[] args,
> BaseCmdLine instance)
> Any guesses on what security setting I am missing?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment