Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RSConfigFilePath - error on Installation

My Apologies for the Cross-post (posted to wrong newsgroup first)
I've been working on this one solid for a few days now and I am now
admitting defeat and looking for some help. I think (I know) it comes down
to SQL Reporting.
I'm trying to install CRM 3.0 SBE on a SBS2003 premium box. it is fully
patched - SQL exchange windows etc. We are NOT running ISA on the box.
I have tried several times to get reporting services installed using the CRM
installation wizard. The CRM install fails right near the end (I suspect
while it is trying to activate RS) I get the error
"Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.RSPdateReportingUrlAction failed.
SQL Server Reporting Services registry key Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Reporting Services not found or does not contain the value
RSConfigFilePath"
Indeed the is no registry key there. RS websites are not running and don't
show up anywhere is IIS.
I have resorted to uninstalling RS and reinstalling both from the CRM Media
and SQL Media. I've been through all the SQL RS readme and install guides
to no avail.
I've seen a few others with this same problem out there but have failed to
find out what actions they have taken to rectify the situation. Any help
will be greatly appreciatedI had this same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling ASP.NET 2.0 then
reinstalling CRM. It looks like reporting services will not install with
asp.net 2.0 is installed. After installing CRM you can reinstall ASP.NET 2.0
"stevellg" wrote:
> My Apologies for the Cross-post (posted to wrong newsgroup first)
> I've been working on this one solid for a few days now and I am now
> admitting defeat and looking for some help. I think (I know) it comes down
> to SQL Reporting.
> I'm trying to install CRM 3.0 SBE on a SBS2003 premium box. it is fully
> patched - SQL exchange windows etc. We are NOT running ISA on the box.
> I have tried several times to get reporting services installed using the CRM
> installation wizard. The CRM install fails right near the end (I suspect
> while it is trying to activate RS) I get the error
> "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.RSPdateReportingUrlAction failed.
> SQL Server Reporting Services registry key Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL
> Server\80\Reporting Services not found or does not contain the value
> RSConfigFilePath"
> Indeed the is no registry key there. RS websites are not running and don't
> show up anywhere is IIS.
> I have resorted to uninstalling RS and reinstalling both from the CRM Media
> and SQL Media. I've been through all the SQL RS readme and install guides
> to no avail.
> I've seen a few others with this same problem out there but have failed to
> find out what actions they have taken to rectify the situation. Any help
> will be greatly appreciated
>
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment