Friday, March 30, 2012

rsExecutionNotFound

I wrote a Custom Web App using ASP.NET for reports built using SSRS 2005. The web application uses report viewer control to display the reports. The Report Viewer processing mode is set to "Remote". The session timeout for web application is 30 minutes.

Reports autorefresh property is set to 15 minutes. when the web page thats displaying the reports is running continously, I am occassionally seeing "rsExecutionNotFound" error. The error is not going away even if I refresh the page.

Thanks for u'r help.

Dear NR01,

There could be a possibility that the session of reporting services is timing out.

Try this post

HTH,

Suprotim Agarwal

|||

Hi,

I tried the post you mentioned. when I run the reports continously, still I am seeing rsExecutionNotFound error but not as frequent as before.

I set the timeout to 30 min.

rs -i sessionTimeout.rss -s http://localhost/reportserver -v timeout="1800"

I am refreshing the reports every 15min.

Thanks for u'r help.

-NR01

|||

I also did the same and set the timeout=1800.

I still get many of these failures. I didn't notice any changes going from 600 to 1800.

This is a typical error:

w3wp!ui!7!7/23/2007-04:52:49:: Unhandled exception: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportServerException: Execution 'c14v5l45yikbbo55d5vk1jj3' cannot be found (rsExecutionNotFound)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.GetExecutionInfo()
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.SetExecutionId(String executionId, Boolean fullReportLoad)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.LoadFromUrlQuery(NameValueCollection requestParameters, Boolean fullReportLoad)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataOperation..ctor()
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.GetHandler(String operationType)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I can't imagine that people are sitting on a page for more than 30 minutes. Could there be another cause?

Neil

|||

I've solved the same issue.

I'm viewing reports with asp.net reportviewer; on production server, my aspx load correctly the report at first time, but any postback returns "rsExecutionNotFound" error.

I realized my aspx code contains hard-coded reportserverurl and reportpath values, which are different for development and production envs. So when I dynamically set up thoses settings in my page, reportviewer kill its client session since I'm changing the report path from one server to another.

So change :

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" ProcessingMode="Remote" Height="600px" Width="996px">

<ServerReport ReportServerUrl="http://DEVSERVER/ReportServer" ReportPath="/MyPath" />

</rsweb:ReportViewer>

To :

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" ProcessingMode="Remote" Height="600px" Width="996px">

<ServerReport />

</rsweb:ReportViewer>

No comments:

Post a Comment