Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RSCONFIG did not modify RSReportServer.config all the way

A couple of months ago we changed the username that SQL 2000 reporting
services uses to run. Since then it has been running fine.
Last week I tried to add a new user to the system and I get the error,
The user or group name 'DOMAIN\USERNAME' is not recognized.
The username it is returning is the OLD username that we replaced 2
months ago.
Here is the command line I am using RSCONFIG -c -s antbearxa\sqldev18
-d ReportingServices -a WINDOWS -u <USERNAME> -p <PASSWORD>.
The system runs fine, it is just when I go to add another user that I
get the error pointing to the old login account that is no longer
valid.
--
Leo BonnesIt turned out to be a leftover account instance in Reporting Services.
Thank you Hemant at Microsoft!
The user that I removed as the Reporting Services database login
account was still a user in the Reporting Services database. It was a
domain account and after we changed the account a few weeks later it
was retired. Once I deleted that user, adding a new user worked.
I guess it was in the validation phase after I tried to add a new user
to Reporting Services that it was failing. Now the question remains why
is a domain account that no longer exist in Repoting Services still
showing up?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment