Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RSClientPrint usage

I'm new to the RSClientPrint, so I've read all of the previous posts, the
readme, etc. This may be trivial; however...
If I make a simple call to the Print method, to where does it print? The
client's default printer? My code is as follows
*****
Dim rs As New RSClientPrintLib.RSClientPrint
rs.Authenticate = Convert.ToSByte(False)
rs.Print("http://localhost/reportserver",
"/reports/BidderInvoice&skVehicleNum=" & VehicleNum, "BidderInvoice")
*****
The control is installed, but when the Print method is called, nothing
really happens. The IE progress bar gets about half-way across and the
little MS flag keeps waving. I have full admin rights, and I'm running in a
local intranet zone on the development machine with security settings on low.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
DanielThanks anyway. I figured out another way that works for my app.
Daniel
"dfgconsulting" wrote:
> I'm new to the RSClientPrint, so I've read all of the previous posts, the
> readme, etc. This may be trivial; however...
> If I make a simple call to the Print method, to where does it print? The
> client's default printer? My code is as follows
> *****
> Dim rs As New RSClientPrintLib.RSClientPrint
> rs.Authenticate = Convert.ToSByte(False)
> rs.Print("http://localhost/reportserver",
> "/reports/BidderInvoice&skVehicleNum=" & VehicleNum, "BidderInvoice")
> *****
> The control is installed, but when the Print method is called, nothing
> really happens. The IE progress bar gets about half-way across and the
> little MS flag keeps waving. I have full admin rights, and I'm running in a
> local intranet zone on the development machine with security settings on low.
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
> Daniel|||hi there,
may i ask wat is the solution to ur problem?
cos i also need to call the print method to print my RS.
"dfgconsulting" wrote:
> Thanks anyway. I figured out another way that works for my app.
> Daniel
> "dfgconsulting" wrote:
> > I'm new to the RSClientPrint, so I've read all of the previous posts, the
> > readme, etc. This may be trivial; however...
> >
> > If I make a simple call to the Print method, to where does it print? The
> > client's default printer? My code is as follows
> >
> > *****
> > Dim rs As New RSClientPrintLib.RSClientPrint
> > rs.Authenticate = Convert.ToSByte(False)
> > rs.Print("http://localhost/reportserver",
> > "/reports/BidderInvoice&skVehicleNum=" & VehicleNum, "BidderInvoice")
> > *****
> >
> > The control is installed, but when the Print method is called, nothing
> > really happens. The IE progress bar gets about half-way across and the
> > little MS flag keeps waving. I have full admin rights, and I'm running in a
> > local intranet zone on the development machine with security settings on low.
> > Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Danielsql

No comments:

Post a Comment