Friday, March 30, 2012

rsInvalidDataSourceReference-Pls help

Hello Everybody:
I have installed SQL Reporting Services for the first time using SQL Login account. After creating a Shared Data Source, and creating the report I am trying to deploy the report to the server. In the project properties I have set the TargetServerURL to http://hostweb01/ReportServer
When I try to deploy the project I get a windows pop up asking for User Name and password. I enter the username and password but the window keeps popping up. I therefore load the report from http://hostweb01/Reports
When I try to run the report I get the error.

The report server cannot process the report. The data source connection information has been deleted. (rsInvalidDataSourceReference)
Can anyone guide me what could be wrong and what should I do to correct the problem. I have stuck on this problem for hours.

Thanks,

Kapil

For the first item, when you give it a user name and password, are you giving a Windows account known by IIS? What is the security setting on your /reportserver web site (use IIS Manager)?

If you deploy manually (through Report Manager), you will need to create a new data source item (with the correct connection string) on he server before you upload the report. Afterwards, you can go to the report properties page and link the report to the data source object.

|||

Hi rahil,

u need to point the report to the datasource to solve this issue.

The datasource is shared by different reports and u need to have dependent items pointed to the datasource.

I too struggle a lot over this issue and at last found the solution.

I am giving u step by step solution for this issue.

1. go to Report Manager(http://<servername>/reports/pages/Folder.aspx)

2. Click on the Folder in which u have reports

3. U will be directed into contents tab where u will find Show Details at the right top corner

4. Click on Show Details

5. Check in the particular report and click the edit button corresponding to it

6. Go to the properties tab and click on it

7. U will find a menu on left hand side, click on Data Sources link

8. There u will find radio button selected for A share data source(by default) and a browse button.

9. Click on the browse button u will find the tree structure of the datasource and the reports folder.

10. select the datasource in the datasource folder and select OK.

by this way u will be able to point the report to the datasource.

Regards,

Vamsi Krishna Korasiga

No comments:

Post a Comment