Friday, March 30, 2012

rsInvalidDataSourceReference Error

Hi,

I have published the data source and the report on the report server programmatically. When i open the report either using URL redirection (programmatically) or from the Report Manager screen, the following error message is displayed.

The report server cannot process the report. The data source connection information has been deleted. (rsInvalidDataSourceReference)

If I change the report properties manually using Report Manager screen and bind the data source to the report, it works fine.

Is there any solution to bind it programmatically ?

Thanks in advance.It sounds like the RDL is not set correctly to point to where the datasource is being deployed. You can either change the RDL or call SetItemDatasources (RS 2005) or SetReportDatasources (RS 2000) to set the data source to point to the shared data source.|||Thanks, I also had got a solution last week, though was work-around, was still useful.|||

I am having the same problem.

Would you give me the work around to the problem.

|||

Hi All,

I also got this error today for the very first time and I was wondering how it is created.

I have been using RS for nearly 2 years and never seen this message before. When I go into Report->Data Sources it tells me "The shared Data Source Reference is no longer valid" and all I need to do is to reconnect the data source.

Also, if I delete a report and redeploy it then it will also connect to the data source correctly even though it is the same data source....but if I redeploy a report without deleting it the message is issued.

This seems like a really strange one...I would like to know if anyone knows how this happens...I have two other report projects which are functioning just fine and after I reconnect the data source all is fine... ?

Thanks In Advance

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment