Friday, March 30, 2012

rsExecutionNotFound !

I have been frequetly visiting your blogs with a solution for rsExecutionNotFound. I used johngaallard's script to extend the accesstimeout(to 6000 Big Smile ) eventhough that was not the base of the problem.

My Reports run in less than 15 sec (max). I have enabled caching for about 12 hours ( there are nightly updates) using [Cache a temporary copy of the report. Expire copy of report after a number of minutes option])

The reports are rendered using a ReportViewerControl in an ASP.Net2.0 web application.(The report is rendered as PDF and then shown in another IFrame using Adobe plugin).The ASP application session timeout is 100mts.

The problem i am facing is that after sometime, the rsExecutionNotfound starts occuring for some report with a specific set of parameters. No amount of rerunning the report will stop. The same report with different parameters renders fine. The only way to stop this is to set the cache option 'Do not cache temporary copies of this report'.

If i set ''Do not cache temporary copies of this report'' there are no errors. I am doing caching mainly to bring down report rendering from 15 sec to 2-3 secs. I am using PDF format .

I am now thinking of working around by trying to catch the Exception that occurs and trying to re-render the report. If this is the only way, how can i do it.

I had fought fiercely to use SSRS and now I am in a fix Sad
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Saj

You probably want to post this in the reporting services forum. There are many more experts in that area there.

No comments:

Post a Comment