Wednesday, March 28, 2012

rsErrorOpeningConnection. Can't find the specified SQL Server <<na

I'm new on the newsgroup, so Hi every body. I'm from Argentina and probably
my English is not very good but I Will try.
I have this problem, in the design environment of Visual Studio Net, I get
success creating a shared data source, I Preview my reports without any
trouble.
But when I Implement my report on the Report Server, when I run it I got
this error:
"rsErrorOpeningConnection. Can't find the specified SQL Server <<sql server
name>>"
The server name is 'sql-01-us.wavenet.com.ar', I don't know why it is
happening. Somebody can help me?
Thanks to all ;)
--
Fernando Moyano
Coordinador de Proyectos
Power Solution S.A.
ArgentinaAfter publishing your report and its data source to Report Manager, locate
the data source in Report Manager, then open it by clicking on it. Check that
the Connection String is set correctly. If not, set it correctly and do not
forget to click Apply. (the Apply button can be hidden at the bottom on some
screens).
If you still have a problem, then check that you can communicate with the
SQL Server using a different tool from the Report Server computer. Try using
Query Analzer if it is installed. Or you can use odbcping.exe.
I also notice that you have hyphens in your server name, and can't remember
whether that would cause an issue.
Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
"Fernando Moyano" wrote:
> I'm new on the newsgroup, so Hi every body. I'm from Argentina and probably
> my English is not very good but I Will try.
> I have this problem, in the design environment of Visual Studio Net, I get
> success creating a shared data source, I Preview my reports without any
> trouble.
> But when I Implement my report on the Report Server, when I run it I got
> this error:
> "rsErrorOpeningConnection. Can't find the specified SQL Server <<sql server
> name>>"
> The server name is 'sql-01-us.wavenet.com.ar', I don't know why it is
> happening. Somebody can help me?
> Thanks to all ;)
> --
> Fernando Moyano
> Coordinador de Proyectos
> Power Solution S.A.
> Argentina|||Hi Charles, it seems to be the firewall (ISA Server), I dont know what port
is using the SQL Server en my hosting, but the ISA was blocking it. Now it
works ok.
Thanks for your answer
"Charles Kangai" wrote:
> After publishing your report and its data source to Report Manager, locate
> the data source in Report Manager, then open it by clicking on it. Check that
> the Connection String is set correctly. If not, set it correctly and do not
> forget to click Apply. (the Apply button can be hidden at the bottom on some
> screens).
> If you still have a problem, then check that you can communicate with the
> SQL Server using a different tool from the Report Server computer. Try using
> Query Analzer if it is installed. Or you can use odbcping.exe.
> I also notice that you have hyphens in your server name, and can't remember
> whether that would cause an issue.
> Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
> "Fernando Moyano" wrote:
> > I'm new on the newsgroup, so Hi every body. I'm from Argentina and probably
> > my English is not very good but I Will try.
> >
> > I have this problem, in the design environment of Visual Studio Net, I get
> > success creating a shared data source, I Preview my reports without any
> > trouble.
> >
> > But when I Implement my report on the Report Server, when I run it I got
> > this error:
> > "rsErrorOpeningConnection. Can't find the specified SQL Server <<sql server
> > name>>"
> >
> > The server name is 'sql-01-us.wavenet.com.ar', I don't know why it is
> > happening. Somebody can help me?
> >
> > Thanks to all ;)
> >
> > --
> > Fernando Moyano
> > Coordinador de Proyectos
> > Power Solution S.A.
> > Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment