Wednesday, March 28, 2012

rsErrorOpeningConnection with Oracle

Hi ,
I have SQL Server in my computer whereas SQL Server server is installed in
an other computer.
I have problem to see my raport in the reporting server when the datasource
comes from the Oracle database.
The following error is generated :
Reporting Services Error
----
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Get Online Help
Cannot create a connection to data source 'datasource1'.
rsErrorOpeningConnection)
Get Online Help
?
----
The tnsnames.ora is ok in my computer and in the server. Link to oracle with
other programs like TOAD works fine in my computer. Moreover, in my computer,
I can see the preview in Visual Studio.NET without problem.
Thanks for any advice.Most likely, this problem occurs because some Oracle files and directories
must have additional security settings so that the Oracle data provider can
be loaded from inside ASP.NET (Report Server). Suggested steps on the report
server machine:
1. Locate the Oracle\Oracle version\bin directory, right-click the
directory, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab, and then click Add.
3. Under Enter object names to select, type network service, and then click
OK.
4. In the Group or user names box, click NETWORK SERVICE.
5. Under Permissions for Network Service, click to select the Read & Execute
check box.
6. Click Advanced.
7. Click the Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to
this object and all child objects. Include these with the entries explicitly
defined here box, and then click OK.
8. Click OK.
9. Locate the Oracle\Oracle version\network\admin directory, right-click the
directory, and then click Properties.
10. Repeat steps 2 through 8.
11. run iisreset
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"r388042" <r388042@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3E3EB098-5E69-44EB-ABE2-0D55240A2C7A@.microsoft.com...
> Hi ,
> I have SQL Server in my computer whereas SQL Server server is installed
> in
> an other computer.
> I have problem to see my raport in the reporting server when the
> datasource
> comes from the Oracle database.
> The following error is generated :
> Reporting Services Error
> ----
> An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> Get Online Help
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'datasource1'.
> rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> Get Online Help
> ?
> ----
> The tnsnames.ora is ok in my computer and in the server. Link to oracle
> with
> other programs like TOAD works fine in my computer. Moreover, in my
> computer,
> I can see the preview in Visual Studio.NET without problem.
> Thanks for any advice.
>
>
>|||Hi! I tried your suggestions but it still doesnt work. I also tested the
Oracle connection from within the server and I can connect fine. I welcome
any suggestions. Thanks!
Teresa
"Robert Bruckner [MSFT]" wrote:
> Most likely, this problem occurs because some Oracle files and directories
> must have additional security settings so that the Oracle data provider can
> be loaded from inside ASP.NET (Report Server). Suggested steps on the report
> server machine:
> 1. Locate the Oracle\Oracle version\bin directory, right-click the
> directory, and then click Properties.
> 2. Click the Security tab, and then click Add.
> 3. Under Enter object names to select, type network service, and then click
> OK.
> 4. In the Group or user names box, click NETWORK SERVICE.
> 5. Under Permissions for Network Service, click to select the Read & Execute
> check box.
> 6. Click Advanced.
> 7. Click the Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to
> this object and all child objects. Include these with the entries explicitly
> defined here box, and then click OK.
> 8. Click OK.
> 9. Locate the Oracle\Oracle version\network\admin directory, right-click the
> directory, and then click Properties.
> 10. Repeat steps 2 through 8.
> 11. run iisreset
> -- Robert
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "r388042" <r388042@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3E3EB098-5E69-44EB-ABE2-0D55240A2C7A@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I have SQL Server in my computer whereas SQL Server server is installed
> > in
> > an other computer.
> > I have problem to see my raport in the reporting server when the
> > datasource
> > comes from the Oracle database.
> > The following error is generated :
> >
> > Reporting Services Error
> > ----
> > An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> > Get Online Help
> > Cannot create a connection to data source 'datasource1'.
> > rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> > Get Online Help
> > ?
> > ----
> >
> > The tnsnames.ora is ok in my computer and in the server. Link to oracle
> > with
> > other programs like TOAD works fine in my computer. Moreover, in my
> > computer,
> > I can see the preview in Visual Studio.NET without problem.
> >
> > Thanks for any advice.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment