Friday, March 30, 2012

rsItemNotFound for Report Models

I have a Sharepoint integrated Reporting Services server. I have created Report models based on Data Sources. I then created Report Builder Reports to make some BI Charts and Graphs. They look great and work fine for a few days then all of a sudden I get a rsItemNotFound error saying it cannot find the Report Model which is clearly there.

  • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
  • The item 'IT Reports/PWPDB_Prod_Model.smdl' cannot be found. (rsItemNotFound)
  • If I open the Report Model from Report Builder it loads the data fields, but also fails to run reports with the same error

    If I try to regenerate the model from the library I get an error stating that the model needs to be a generated model.

  • The model specified must be a generated model.
  • (rsModelNotGenerated)
  • Even after rebooting all of the servers in the farm I get the same messages. I can regenerate a model from the data source and it doesn't work. I am seeing no errors in the logs of my app server at all regarding reporting services.

    It looks as though I will have to de-integrate Reporting Services as it is not viable for a business critical application.

    Please for th elove of Zeus tell me you were able to solve this?

    I am getting the exact same error. I have tried everything under the sun to make this work. Any advice?

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment