Saturday, February 25, 2012

RS Documentation

Hello,
I'm pretty new to Reporting services, and now I've gone through the
tutorials, and would like to figure out the best place to go for
documentation I can use for specifics, like a language reference. I have the
books on line, but they come up with the BOL for Visual Studio, so I can't
figure out how to search only the RS books online. What do people use for
searching specific RS topics?> Hello,
> I'm pretty new to Reporting services, and now I've gone through the
> tutorials, and would like to figure out the best place to go for
> documentation I can use for specifics, like a language reference. I
> have the books on line, but they come up with the BOL for Visual
> Studio, so I can't figure out how to search only the RS books online.
> What do people use for searching specific RS topics?
Google Groups and www.sqlreportingservices.net are both excellent resources
for research. You can access Books Online from the start menu via All programs
/ Microsoft SQL Server / Reporting Services / Documentation.
Med venlig hilsen,
Søren Lund
www.publicvoid.dk|||Have you tried: All Programs->Microsoft SQL Server-> Reporting Services ->
Reporting Services Books Online?
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Søren Lund" <public@.publicvoid.dk> wrote in message
news:a44e9531794058c7af82e550a070@.news.microsoft.com...
>> Hello,
>> I'm pretty new to Reporting services, and now I've gone through the
>> tutorials, and would like to figure out the best place to go for
>> documentation I can use for specifics, like a language reference. I
>> have the books on line, but they come up with the BOL for Visual
>> Studio, so I can't figure out how to search only the RS books online.
>> What do people use for searching specific RS topics?
> Google Groups and www.sqlreportingservices.net are both excellent
> resources for research. You can access Books Online from the start menu
> via All programs / Microsoft SQL Server / Reporting Services /
> Documentation.
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen,
> Søren Lund
> www.publicvoid.dk
>|||I am opening the Books Online. I have no option to open it under the SQL
start menu, but it opens up with my MSDN library / visual studio .NET 2003
books online. Can I open it alone or filter for only reporting services
topics? When I search for anything, I get all of the matches for the whole
visual studio collection.
Is there a way to find a list of all functions available in the Expression
window?
"mahk" wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm pretty new to Reporting services, and now I've gone through the
> tutorials, and would like to figure out the best place to go for
> documentation I can use for specifics, like a language reference. I have the
> books on line, but they come up with the BOL for Visual Studio, so I can't
> figure out how to search only the RS books online. What do people use for
> searching specific RS topics?

No comments:

Post a Comment