Saturday, February 25, 2012

RS Designer giving 'Unspecified Error' & 'SR.DESIGNERLOADEREditFai

When I uncheck the 'Snap to Grid' checkbox in the Report properties window,
and attempt to move an element in the report designer, I recieve an
Unspecified error, I continously get this error popping up - I have to close
VS.NET and reopen for the error messeges to stop. I also occasionally get the
'SR.DESIGNERLOADEREditFailed' Messege.
I have uninstalled RS Client and VS.NET, reinstalled both, and still get the
same errors. I have Windows XP SP1, VS.NET 2003 and applied SP1 to RS I don't
know if maybe there is a particular config change or hotfix needed for my
specific configuration for RS Designer to work correctly.
I hope anyone can help, as my group cannot deploy RS if I can't design any
reports.I have resolved the issue in a very bizzare way. So this is an FYI for those
who may encounter similar error messeges.
Upon moving an item after setting the 'Snap to Grid' to uncheck in Report
designer mode. Somehow the app had a conflict with the contents of the
ProviderRegKey ni the registry which was set to Clearcase. When I removed the
value and replaced it with 'Software\Microsoft\SourceSafe'. Everything works
fine.
I don't understand the logic of this, but thanks to a blog by someone with a
similar error in VS.NET but totally unrelated to Reporting Services... got me
to try this.
If an MVP can shine a little light on this... would be greatly appreiciated.
"d pak" wrote:
> When I uncheck the 'Snap to Grid' checkbox in the Report properties window,
> and attempt to move an element in the report designer, I recieve an
> Unspecified error, I continously get this error popping up - I have to close
> VS.NET and reopen for the error messeges to stop. I also occasionally get the
> 'SR.DESIGNERLOADEREditFailed' Messege.
> I have uninstalled RS Client and VS.NET, reinstalled both, and still get the
> same errors. I have Windows XP SP1, VS.NET 2003 and applied SP1 to RS I don't
> know if maybe there is a particular config change or hotfix needed for my
> specific configuration for RS Designer to work correctly.
> I hope anyone can help, as my group cannot deploy RS if I can't design any
> reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment