Saturday, February 25, 2012

RS Data Driven Subscription is out of control...

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me with a subscription problem (SQL 2000, Reporting SErvice SP2). Created a data driven subscription and made a mistake in the parameter list. It was really long, and now I can't get the subscription to stop. I've bounced the server, but as soon as we restart RS the job starts back up again. I tried to delete the subscription, but it gives me a timeout error. I've already changed the subscription (because I didn't realize the trouble) and I'm wondering if there is a way to get rid of it. Right now, I've left RS service stopped.

Thanks,
Mary

The subscription runs via the SQL Server Agent. You should be able to stop the agent which will stop the subscriptions from running. While stopped, you should be able to delete the subscription.

Please let me know if this helps. bradsyAtmicrosoftdotcom

|||Brad - I did try that but RS would not allow me to delete the subscription. I found another post though, that explained if I deleted from the ActiveSubscriptions and Notifications tables in ReportServer db I would be able to stop it from restarting. I tried that and it worked.

Thanks for your help.

m
|||

Please give me more details on the other post you used to find the answer.

Thanks

Chetan

No comments:

Post a Comment