Saturday, February 25, 2012

RS Backup

Hi,
I have SQL Reporting Services SP1 standard edition and I am trying to
develop a disaster recovery process.
The challange that I have is I don't know how to restore a new server using
exsting backup. The Reporting Services installation program always try to
create a new database. How can I make it work with existing restored
database?
Thanks,
AlanHi Alan,
From your descriptions, I understood that you would like to backup existing
database and restore it in another new machine. Have I understood you?
Correct me if I was wrong.
Based on my knowledge, there is a Knowledge Base article describes how to
move a Reporting Services database from a computer that is running
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services to another computer.
How to move a Reporting Services database from a computer that is running
Reporting Services to another computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842425
Thank you for your patience and corporation. If you have any questions or
concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. We are always here to be of
assistance!
Sincerely yours,
Michael Cheng
Microsoft Online Partner Support
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment