Tuesday, February 21, 2012

RS 2005 SP2 in Sharepoint integrated mode

Up until an hour ago, I was using the Sql Server Reporting Services Report Viewer webpart in Sharepoint with forms authentication, and was not having an issue. The only thing that I did (or remember doing) before things went sour was upload a new report to the document list and since then whenever I try to access a report, manage the data source on a report, change the report URL in the webpart, I get the following message:

An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode. --> The request failed with the error message:
--
<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="/_layouts/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f_vti_bin%2fReportServer%2fReportService2006.asmx">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>

--.

I found some related posts and have tried the following, but none have helped:

Removed all reports and reuploaded only the one that was definitely working.

I changed the application pool for the report server to be the same app pool as Sharepoint (runs under domain admin account).

I changed the application pool for the report server back to it's original (which the Reporting Services Configuration prefers - was running under Network Service acct before the problem started, now running under domain admin acct)

I can browse to http://server/reportserver.

I'm running under forms authentication, which had been working.

I can access the three configs for Reporting Services under Application Management in Central Admin - I've tried changing the settings.

I can access http://server/_vti_bin/reportserver/reportservice2006.asmx as well as http://server/_vti_bin/reportserver/reportserviceauthentication.asmx (that was suggested in one post)

I've restarted IIS numerous times, and also finally rebooted the server.

I've created a new document list and set it for report content, just like the other list.

I also just noticed that even though I've set up my admin account as a site collection administrator, I now no longer see my report options under the New button in the document library (both the old and new). I don't know if this is related.

I'm sure that this is a case of something minor that I did that I forgot about. Any suggestions or other troubleshooting that I can do?

Thanks!

daw

Has anyone seen an error like this? Do I need to reinstall reporting services?

Thanks for any advice that you can give me!

daw

|||Hi Daw,

This is just a shot in the dark but have you tried the last step in http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1170221&SiteID=1 :

3. If you've run the

installer multiple times, there may be duplicate entries in the

web.config file. Open web.config which by default should be in

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80 . In that file make sure

there is only one entry for "ReportServiceAuthentication.asmx". If

there is more than one entry, delete the extra tag.

Thanks,
Josh
|||

Thanks, Josh! I checked, and there is only one entry in the web.config.

I have determined that it must be something to do with forms authentication. When I changed the authentication provider back to Windows and logged into the site, I'm able to use the report viewer and access the reports. I can also add New data sources in the document library. No permissions have been changed that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure where to check. I've looked at the security on some of the folders, but it appears to be correct. Do you know why forms authentication would not work? It had been working just fine. The forms authentication user is set up as the site administrator, and is in the owners Sharepoint group which has full control.

Thanks!!

daw

|||

It looks like it may not even be related to the RS add-in, unless it's related to SP2. I removed the add-in and I still have the problem in document libraries under forms authentication. I can see the New, Upload, Actions and Settings buttons in the document libraries, but I do not have an option to create a new document (or other content type), however I have the option and can create a new folder. I have the option to upload one document at a time, but not multiple. It's almost like I have partial permissions. This user is the site collection administrator, is in the Owners Sharepoint group which has full control, and I even added the user with full control.

Any ideas on where this permissions issue could be stemming from? Windows authentication works just fine.

daw

|||

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="/_layouts/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f_vti_bin%2fReportServer%2fReportService2006.asmx">here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>

The above error message happened when you acccess a web site configured with forms auth but your request does not carry the forms auth cookie. Usually browser will automatically add it in after you log in. Did you see frequent timeout happneing?

It should not related to report server itself because the request has not got to report server yet. Can you create a new web app and try to see whether it still repros?

|||

No timeouts, no prompts to login again.

I ran a repair on Sharepoint, but no change. It looks like I may need to uninstall and reinstall Sharepoint since I can't find an answer. I'm just concerned that it may happen again.

Thanks for the help!

daw

|||

The issue with not being able to add a new document or other content type was related to the Authentication Provider setup in Central Admin. By default, the Enable Client Integration? for forms authentication is set to No. When I changed it to Yes, I saw the New Document, etc.

I'm still getting the error when accessing the Reporting Services add-in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Sharepoint, as well as Reporting Services and the add-in. No change. Has anyone else come across this error?

daw

|||

Reporting Services and Sharepoint both support forms authentication, but they are not compatible. See the Note in this document, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb283324.aspx

I'm not sure how it was ever working in the first place.

Hope this helps someone else!

daw

No comments:

Post a Comment