Saturday, February 25, 2012

RS Configuration

I'm working on a RS 2005 demonstration for my employer. On my equipment at home, the install goes just great. (winxp pro) On the server at work (that I have limited control over), I've managed most of the install successfully using the SQL 2005 Trial Edition, however, when using the RS Configuration Tool, the Web Services Identity won't allow me to enter anything, and when I try to connect to RS through the Management Studio, I get some warning saying that it recieved text/html when it was expecting text/xml or something like that, followed by a bunch of html.

The main difference I can see in these installations is that the one that won't work is on Win2000 Server. So, I guess the one question that springs to mind is: is there something inherently different about the IIS or ASP that I (or IT) needs to configure differently on this server? If not, any other assistance would be greatly appreciated.
ThanksThis is an issue with Windows 2000. Have a look at this thread. I hope the tips listed there will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment