Saturday, February 25, 2012

RS and Netscape 7.0

I am having problems accessing the report manager with Netscape 7.0. I am
not exaclty sure why, but it is related to authentication. By default, the
IIS resource is configured for Windows authentication, which does not seem
to work with Netscape. I get an empty main page. I tried text
authentication, which make Netscape challange me for a user/password, but
still does not allow me to access the reports.
I assume that this should work? Thanks.I have some more information:
- I installed RS using the default settings for services account and
database access.
- My data source is configured to use integrated security.
- When I try to access the report manager with IE, it works
- When I try to access it with Netscape 7.02, I get an access denied error
- When I add basic auth to the IIS resource and access it with Netscape, I
get challanged
- When I provide my server credential (member of the admin group), I am
authenticated and I see the report manager's home page
- When I click on a report (IE), it renders fine
- When I click on a report (Netscape), I see the top navigation and an
otherwise empty page
"Christian Donner" <stealthcdonner@.stealthmolecular.comremovestealth> wrote
in message news:OvbIi8OlEHA.3544@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I am having problems accessing the report manager with Netscape 7.0. I am
> not exaclty sure why, but it is related to authentication. By default, the
> IIS resource is configured for Windows authentication, which does not seem
> to work with Netscape. I get an empty main page. I tried text
> authentication, which make Netscape challange me for a user/password, but
> still does not allow me to access the reports.
> I assume that this should work? Thanks.
>|||And still more information:
I changed the data source authentication to SQL Server and provided an
account.
I am running the AdventureWorks Sales Reports sample.
The IFRAME that is supposed to show the report on the Report Manager page is
empty.
When I paste the report URL from the IFRAME statement into IE, I get to see
the report.
When I paste the same URL into Netscape, I get to see the report, but no
numbers (just the blue table structure). The table dimensions seem to be
correct, though. When I export from Netscape to PDF, the report is fine.
"Christian Donner" <stealthcdonner@.stealthmolecular.comremovestealth> wrote
in message news:%23XWD2cPlEHA.3392@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I have some more information:
> - I installed RS using the default settings for services account and
> database access.
> - My data source is configured to use integrated security.
> - When I try to access the report manager with IE, it works
> - When I try to access it with Netscape 7.02, I get an access denied error
> - When I add basic auth to the IIS resource and access it with Netscape, I
> get challanged
> - When I provide my server credential (member of the admin group), I am
> authenticated and I see the report manager's home page
> - When I click on a report (IE), it renders fine
> - When I click on a report (Netscape), I see the top navigation and an
> otherwise empty page
> "Christian Donner" <stealthcdonner@.stealthmolecular.comremovestealth>
wrote
> in message news:OvbIi8OlEHA.3544@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > I am having problems accessing the report manager with Netscape 7.0. I
am
> > not exaclty sure why, but it is related to authentication. By default,
the
> > IIS resource is configured for Windows authentication, which does not
seem
> > to work with Netscape. I get an empty main page. I tried text
> > authentication, which make Netscape challange me for a user/password,
but
> > still does not allow me to access the reports.
> > I assume that this should work? Thanks.
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment